Building a website may be simple but to make it real usable for users to solve their problems is a really challenging.
The following design mistakes listed below are very important to taken care of:-
• Failure in providing information – The homepage of the website should be self-explanatory about its purpose so it makes visitors understand about what the website is all about in seconds to take a decision that whether it is useful for them or not without wasting their much time. It should give proper information about the company’s products and services in the home page or About Us page.
• Use of fancy fonts and tiny fonts – Use of fancy fonts which may give sophisticated look to your website but if unreadable, it will fail to convey your message to the visitors. At the same time visitors should be comfortable enough to read the content for which the fonts should not be tiny.
• No use of alt and title attributes – alt and title attributes should be used for every XHTML tag on the website that supports them so that it is useful when the site is visited through the browsers not supporting images and videos.
• Slow-loading pages – Pages of the website should get loaded fast so that visitors doesn’t gets bored by waiting until the page gets loaded fully. Slow loading may happen due to use of large files of graphics and it become slower if visitor is using dial-up connection of internet.
• No overuse of Flash – excessive use of Flash may annoy visitors and it should be used only if needed as it may also become a reason of increasing the loading time of the page.
• No use of background music or pop-ups – Background music in the website may irritate visitor which leads to only choice for the visitor and that is to leave the website. Pop-ups coming up again and again on clicks may also irritate visitors at certain level.
• No Contact details – Contact details should be included in the website otherwise it is of no use for you if you not getting feedback or inquiries.
• Bad Navigation - It should be easy for visitors to navigate to the pages in the website easily.
• Advertising – There should be no overloading of advertisements on the page especially big banners. They should be limited up to certain extent and should be well placed and well designed.
• No complex URL structure – the URL structure should be simple and keyword based which helps in improving search engine rankings and also helpful to visitors to have some vague idea about the content before visiting the website.
• Visible links – The visitor should know that which words are clickable and for that the links used should have contrastable color to highlight them.
• Readable CAPTCHA – If CAPTCHA filters are used to avoid spam or comments then it should be readable properly.
These points are necessary for good web designing so they should not be overlooked or ignored but should be considered to get better results of your designing.
Elite InfoWorld has a team of professional web designers with more than 8 years of experience to provide you service of web design in India and worldwide. Our web design services includes Web Designing, Logo designing, Graphic designing, Branding and Identity, website hosting, flash designing, Internet Marketing services, Search Engine Optimization and custom web development.